Hughes Robbins, P.S.
First Steps after a Car Accident in Washington State
What to do after a car accident in Washington State:
- Call the police immediately, even if you do not think there is much damage.
- Get the other driver’s information, including name, address, phone number license plate number, and insurance information.
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle.
- If you are injured, seek immediate medical attention.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Comply with your doctor’s treatment plan.
- Keep track of repairs made to your vehicle.
- Keep track of time taken off work or medical bills that resulted from the accident.
- Contact a personal injury attorney to help you navigate your case.